Cookies & Privacy
“Personal Information” is information that is personally identifiable like names, addresses, e-mail addresses, date of birth, gender, language preferences or phone numbers, as well as other non-public information that is associated with the foregoing.
“Anonymous or Non-personal Information” means information that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Information, such as the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer, the IP address of your Internet Service Provider, the date and time you access the web site, the internet address of the web site from which you linked directly to our web site, the operating system you are using, the sections of the web site you visit, the web site pages read and images viewed, and the content you download from our web site. We may use non-personal information to compile tracking information reports regarding site user demographics and site traffic patterns. None of the tracking information in the reports can or will be connected to the identities or other Personal Information of individual users. Non-personal Information does not permit the identification of individual persons.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY BE PROCESSED IN THE COUNTRY WHERE IT WAS COLLECTED AS WELL AS OTHER COUNTRIES WHERE LAWS REGARDING PROCESSING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY BE LESS STRINGENT THAN THE LAWS IN THE UK AND BY USING THE SERVICES OR SUBMITTING PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THE SERVICES, YOU ARE EXPRESSLY CONSENTING TO SUCH PROCESSING.
What information do we collect?
- Information you provide us:
We may collect the following Personal Information when you voluntarily provide it to us through a number of features available on the Ecover website. For example:
- If you register through the Site to receive our newsletter, we collect your full name, and e-mail address
- When you contact us through our Contact Us submission form, we will collect any information that is contained in (and/or attached to) your e-mail, so that we can respond to your questions and comments.
Your participation in any of these activities is voluntary and we only use the personal information that you provide for the purposes for which it was collected.
You will always have the opportunity to “unsubscribe” from receiving e-mail or other communication at any time.
We only keep Personal Informationfor as long as is necessary to satisfy the specified purposes, for which it was collected. We retain Personal Information in accordance with our own guidelines, procedures and principles and in line with United Kingdom law.
You have a qualified right to access, rectify, delete, or object (to the processing of) your Personal Information stored by us and to receive an account of its use and disclosure. We recommend that all customer requests for access to Personal Information held by Ecover be made in writing, although we will not impose a formal requirement in this regard. However, we may require you to provide us with additional information reasonably necessary for us to satisfy your request.
- Information we collect automatically:
- Site usage information: Ecover and our third–party service providers may also use a variety of technologies that passively or automatically collect information about how our visitors are browsing the site, including your operating system, browser type, pages visited, your use of tools on the Site. This data helps us understand what content and services are most relevant to you, so we can customize our site to your needs.
- Cookies: Like many websites, we use “Cookies,” which are small text files placed on your browser to facilitate site navigation and to personalize your experience. Cookies allow us improve you online experience by informing us how we can improve the website. We also use Google Analytics cookie to collate anonymous traffic data. If you would prefer not to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; or set your browser to automatically not accept any cookies. While you will still be able to use the Services if you disable Cookies in your browser, certain parts of the Services may not function as effectively.
- Server log files: An Internet Protocol (IP) address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider and is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you visit the Site, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. We use IP addresses for purposes such as routing visitors to the appropriate website for the visitor’s country, calculating usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering our Properties. If you accessed one of our Properties using a mobile device like a smartphone, we may also collect your phone’s unique device ID and other similar mobile device data.
- Information we collect through Third Parties:
- Location data: Some of our Properties may allow you to submit information about your general location, such as your postcode or address, in order to locate stores that sell our products or provide other location-related services. With your consent, some of our Properties also may capture and record certain geo-location or global positioning data in order to provide location-related functionality. We may link such location data to other information that you provide to us or that may be accessed in connection with your use of our Properties.
How do we use the information we collect?
In general, we use the information (including Personal Information) you submit to us or our third parties to respond to requests you make or to improve our Services and better meet the needs of our consumers. Examples of how we might use this information include:
- Respond to or follow-up on your inquiries, comments, questions or other requests
- Deliver targeted advertising
- Conduct research or analysis surrounding our products, business or properties
- Communicate with you about programs in which you elected to participate including contest, sweepstakes, coupons or other promotions
- Publish your reviews, comments, photos, videos and other content you have posted to one of our interactive or user-generated features
- Make project recommendations to you based on past browsing behaviour
What information do we share?
We may provide your Personal Information to third party service providers and suppliers who work on behalf of or with us to provide you with some of the services and features of the Services and to help us communicate with our users (including in connection with payments). However, these service providers and suppliers do not have any independent right to use this information except to help us provide the Services.
What choices do you have regarding your Personal Information?
We will include unsubscribe instructions in each newsletter or promotional communication you receive from us.
When we delete information that we have collected from or about you, it will be deleted from our active databases, but may remain in our archives.
Links to Other Web Sites
Privacy of Minors
We do not intentionally collect or maintain information from persons under the age of sixteen (16). If we determine upon collection that a user is under this age, we will not use or maintain his/her Personal Information without the parent/guardian’s consent. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected personally identifiable information from a child under the age of sixteen (16), we will make reasonable efforts to delete such information from our records.
Security and Confidentiality
Ecover has put in place commercially reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We use various methods to safeguard Personal Information.
However, no company, including Ecover, can fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Information.
Ecover restricts authorized access to your personal information to those persons who have a legitimate purpose to know that information to provide products or services to you and those persons you have authorized to have access to such information. We also require that third parties providing services on our behalf protect Personal Information and not use it for purposes other than providing assistance to Ecover.
Where your data is stored:
Because we are a global company, your personal information may be stored and processed on our servers here in the UK or in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers. By using our Properties, you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside your country of residence which may have different data protection rules than in your country.
You can find out what information we hold about you and ask us not to use any information that we collect under the UK Data Protection Act.
Compliance with the Law
Ecover has procedures in place in order to receive and respond to enquiries about Ecover’s policies and practices relating to its handling of Personal Information. Any complaint or enquiry should be made in writing and addressed as shown in the section below.
Ecover investigates all complaints. Requests will be forwarded to Legal Affairs. If the complaint is found to be justified, Ecover will take appropriate measures to resolve the matter, including, if necessary, amending its policies and practices.