Who is Ecover
FROM THOUGHTFUL BEGINNINGS
One Man’s Vision
In 1979, before words like ‘sustainability’ and ‘eco-friendly’ were everyday parlance, Frans Bogaerts and a team of highly motivated eco-pioneers in Belgium, had a vision.
They saw first-hand that chemicals like phosphates, in washing powder and dishwashing products, were polluting water systems and harming aquatic life. They thought the environment deserved to be treated better, so they created a phosphate-free washing powder. And Ecover was born.
Since that first pioneering washing powder the Ecover belief of a cleaner clean has spread across the globe. Powered by plant-based ingredients our range of cleaning products work effectively while respecting the health and wellbeing of both you and the planet. Because a healthy world begins at home.
Gone are the days when green meant a half-hearted clean. Our products take on household tasks as well as, if not better, than the usual suspects. We use effective naturally derived, biodegradable ingredients.
- Plant-based ingredients such as aloe vera, coconut oil and sugar pack a real punch.
- Renewable ingredients like plants are better all round than depleting dirty petroleum.
- Our products are formulated for the lowest possible toxicity and the fastest biodegradability.
- Leaving nothing harmful behind.
What you clean your home with matters. Our long and rigorous checklist for choosing ingredients includes skin irritation, eye irritation and aquatic toxicity. If it doesn’t come up to scratch, it doesn’t go in. Simple.
Built in 1992 in Malle, Belgium, our pioneering factory was a world first for how building and manufacturing could be done more ecologically.
- Wood and eco-bricks in place of steel and concrete.
- Living plant roof provides insulation – no need for heating or air conditioning.
- Recycled rainwater for washrooms, toilets and maintenance.
Sweet deal for the planet. Plastic doesn’t have to come from petroleum – ours comes from sugarcane. We call it Plantplastic®.
- Our bottles are 75% Plantplastic® and 25% postconsumer recycled plastic.
- 100% renewable, reusable and recyclable.
We believe animals are our best friends, not test subjects. Ever since we began, Ecover has never tested on animals. All our products are Leaping Bunny certified assuring you that no animal testing is done in any phase of production either by us or our suppliers.
Leaping Bunny is the most trusted and internationally recognised certification for non-animal tested products and we’re proud to have their logo on all our products.